- High Voltage
- International Code Council (ICC)
- ICC Code Reference
- State Specific Codes
- Building Codes
- Residential Codes
- Plumbing Codes
- Mechanical Codes
- Fuel Gas Codes
- Fire Codes
- Energy Conservation Codes
- Existing Building Codes
- Performance Codes for Buildings and Facilities
- Private Sewage Disposal Codes
- Property Maintenance Codes
- Wildland-Urban Interface Codes
- Zoning Codes
- Swimming Pool and Spa Codes
- Green Building Codes
- Complete Code Collections
- Solar Energy Provisions
DEWALT® Construction Estimating Complete Handbook, Excel Estimating Included
ISBN 13: 9781305966345
ISBN 10: 1305966341
Author: Adam Ding
Price: $27.95 Add to cart
This affordable, real-world guide to success in construction estimating is loaded with tips, checklists, worksheets, data tables, and step-by-step tutorials to help you navigate every step of the estimating process. The text focuses on "how-to" essentials, with on-the-spot answers, visual examples and a strong focus on key factors affecting profit, such as marketing, bid planning, drawing review, scope planning, quantity take-off, pricing, quote evaluation, cost summary, and bid closing for all trades and divisions. Drawing on extensive experience in the industry, the author provides practical solutions for the unprecedented challenges that construction professionals face today, including fierce competition, material price volatility, skilled labor shortages, and strict regulations. He also illuminates the relationship between estimating and project management, with coverage of overhead expenses, value engineering, turnover meeting, and change order pricing.
- Review questions and answer keys for each chapter are now available on the Instructor Companion Site, providing convenient access to useful assignment and assessment material.
- Internet resources include references, which enable readers to explore key topics and practices in greater depth.
- Includes expanded coverage and new information on topics important to modern professionals in today's industry, including estimating technology, building information modeling (BIM), and green building.
- Additional estimating process diagrams and checklists throughout the book provide even more relevant, practical examples to help prepare readers for real-world success.
- Tutorials on estimating with Microsoft® Excel® spreadsheets have been updated with new screenshots featuring the latest software versions, making it easier for readers to follow step-by-step instructions and gain hands-on skills with the latest technology.
- Complementing the book's comprehensive coverage, the author leverages decades of expertise to offer real-world recommendations on making the estimating process more efficient.
- A straightforward writing style, visual examples and screenshots throughout the book make the material easier to grasp and master in less time for today's busy students and professionals.
- This unique, highly practical guide includes detailed tutorials for Excel® spreadsheet estimating, including abundant screenshots and step-by-step instructions.
- A variety of practical learning features—such as detailed quantity take-off examples, checklists, worksheets, and tips—provide invaluable real-world preparation for professional success.
- Based on real-world experience, the author shares practical solutions for the unprecedented challenges confronting today's construction professionals, including a weak economy, fierce competition, material price volatility, skilled labor shortages, and strict regulations.